TEACHING ASSISTANTS REQUIRED
New Town Primary School, School Terrace, Reading RG1 3LS
Fixed term contract (academic year), 36 hours a week, term time only (43.6 weeks per full year)
1 x TA Level 2 £10.01 per hour
We are looking for a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work as a reading tutor leading Read Write Inc. groups and providing tutoring with individuals and small groups. We would love to hear from anyone who has experience of teaching Read Write Inc. but this is not essential as training can be provided. A successful candidate would be passionate about phonics and support our school focus on narrowing the gap in reading and writing. This is a temporary post using our Catch up Premium.
1 x TA Level 3 £11.27 per hour
We would like to appoint a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to provide support throughout our multi-cultural school. There would be a potential opportunity to step up to Level 4 to cover classes so we would be particularly interested in individuals who have experience of this.
Joining our team means you’ll need to be:
- A team player, working alongside the rest of our New Town family
- Enthusiastic and hard-working, showing a solutions-focused approach and flexibility in adapting to different situations
- A warm and nurturing person, building good relationships with children from a diverse range of backgrounds
In return, our team can offer:
- An optimistic and close-knit leadership team with a track record of improving schools
- A firmly established ethos of caring for one another in our school family
- A beautiful Victorian school with an abundance of space and opportunity, filled with light, life and love
- Secure car parking and a staff well-being package
Visits to the school may be possible depending on local restrictions, and prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to book a preliminary phone call before they apply, should they like to discuss the role or school further.
New Town and BST is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references
Application pack is attached below. Please return to Natasha Kirby, Trust Operations Manager: Email email@example.com.
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Berkshire Schools Trust is an exempt charity and a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered company number 1005245