PPA Teacher required
New Town Primary School, School Terrace, Reading RG1 3LS
New Town Primary School
PPA teacher and support staff required from September 2021
We are seeking talented, friendly and dynamic staff to join our established team at New Town in September 2021. This role will be crucial in supporting our aspirational ‘Good’ school to continue to improve, as we look to always provide the very best for our diverse children and families. The temporary posts are due to fluctuating pupil numbers and staffing requirements.
PPA teacher: KS1 & KS2 (one year contract), full time
This post will be based mainly in KS1 and KS2, and will be providing crucial PPA cover for teachers to take their non-contact time. You’ll need to be flexible and able to build fantastic relationships with a wide group of children across the school, whilst maintaining firm boundaries for behaviour in each class, and provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities. Due to our unprecedented rising roll this year, there may be a requirement at some point during the year to redeploy and create a new class with this candidate as the class teacher.
Joining our school family means you’ll need to be:
- An enthusiastic member of staff who is forward thinking and able to adapt quickly and easily
- Someone who puts children at the heart of all planning and practice
- Dynamic and fastpaced, finding effective solutions at every turn whilst considering others’ points of view
- A team player with the ability to work well both individually, as part of a phase and as a whole staff
- Thoughtful and reflective, and enjoy using research and literature to help shape your practice where relevant
- A kind and caring person, enjoying the bustling life of our diverse school family and always looking to recognise our polite and kind children
- Efficient and effective in your working practices and able to prioritise well
In return, our team can offer:
- An optimistic and closeknit senior leadership team with a track record of improving schools
- A firmly established ethos of caring for one another in our school family
- A strong middle leadership team who will guide and nurture you through your role
- A commitment to professional development, and a belief in driving improvement through looking outwards to the world beyond our walls
- A beautiful Victorian school with an abundance of space and opportunity, filled with light, life and love
- The opportunity to work with a wider professional team of three unique schools, all brilliantly supported by a Trust who strongly value the individual school’s character, ethos and approaches
- Secure car parking and a staff wellbeing package
Visits to the school may be possible depending on local restrictions, and prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to book a preliminary phone call or Teams call before they apply, should they like to discuss the role or school further with the Headteacher.
New Town and BST is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references
How to apply
Application forms are available to download from the Trust website
Or via Natasha Kirby, Trust Operations Manager:
Applications will be considered upon receipt, and interviews arranged as required.
Berkshire Schools Trust is an exempt charity and a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered company number 100524